Here are 5 different technological marvels which can help in shaping the future of education.
Technology plays a very important role in helping everyone survive in this 21st century. Without it, one cannot imagine this world. As, it has grappled its way into our day-to-day lives, making its grasp tighter in every aspect. Ever since Covid-19 happened, technology has proved to be a boon for the educational sector. Educators realised the role of digitisation a while ago but this pandemic gave it a sudden thrust and boost.
IMPORTANCE OF TECHNOLOGY
Diverse solutions have been employed, accompanied by varied rates of success, and, owing to the abrupt change in technology, would help change the face of education globally.
Technology will help in mending the quality of education, the educational system, communication, providing enriched resources.
With the growing realization of the distinguished role of technology, advancement is set to start and pave a new path that will bring revolution to young minds.
WHAT DOES THE DATA SAY?
According to a poll conducted by the School of Education, 75% of educators believed that textbook learning will be superseded by digital content learning. To assuage the learners towards technology-driven methods, certain technology marvels are on-trend nowadays.
To name a few are Artificial intelligence (AI), Learning Management Systems (LMS), Augmented and Virtual Reality, Gamification, Blockchain.
1. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- Following the report published by eLearning Industry, 47% of the learning tools will be conjugated with artificial intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence can help in tutoring, where bots for chat are the perfect blend for the instances where teachers don’t have time after work hours
- It also conforms to the intelligence level, preferences, and speed of the learner, so they can get the best out of it.
2. LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Learning Management System (LMS) is a rostrum that is being developed to constitute and track online learning activities and initiatives.
- It assists in developing and delivering content, lectures, pedagogical aids, alleviating and nurturing communications
- Through LMS, guardians can have an eye on their ward’s roster, marks, assessment dates, creating a chance for parents to be engrossed in their child’s learning.
3. AUGMENTED REALITY
Augmented Reality is environment-friendly that makes learning an experiential approach whose explicit role is student engagement, understanding abstract concepts, and getting-on-hand expertise in virtual mode.
This tech-driven information is being added to the existing environment while virtual reality is creating a whole new environment.
Gamification is a new quirk in technology where educational games are being simulated to engage your visuals for learning with the help of coding.
- Its motto is: students learn best when they are having amusement
- It is binding students with gimmicks like scoring, competition, team activity that enable students to imbibe the latest information.
5. BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY
- It helps students by eliminating the need for the mediator, as it makes record keeping digital by directly linking them with learners
- It increases transparency; like a student, while using blockchain uploads an assignment, the technology makes sure that it is not lost.
The need of the hour is to adapt to the evolving technological marvels because educational technology won’t be a bombilation but rather a reality for the upcoming future of education. While embracing technology as our integral part, one must not become a slave of it.
Article by: Prashant Jain, CEO, Oswaal Books
Original post here